Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute (HUPTI) is seeking a dynamic Patient Scheduler to ensure patient appointments are appropriately scheduled, patient attends appointment, medical records are obtained, and the necessary referral paperwork is faxed.
HUPTI is the nation’s 8th proton therapy facility and the largest free-standing proton clinic in the world. The state-of-the-art treatment and research center has four gantry rooms and one fixed beam room. HUPTI has been treating prostate, brain, lung, pediatric, head and neck, breast, CNS and other cancers since August 2010.
The Patient Scheduler reports to the Director of Clinical Operations while working alongside other professionals and support staff. The Patient Scheduler provides scheduling support for a clinical office to ensure a smooth scheduling function with excellent patient relations. The scheduler interacts with patients, patient’s families and providers regarding patient schedule related issues and serves as a resource in a team environment. The specialist must be supportive of the department’s mission with a positive, constructive and creative demeanor while being compassionate and committed to satisfying the patient, family members, and provider offices at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Schedule patient appointments for procedures generated from the Quality Check List for the Nursing department and the Therapy department for internal MR/PET/CT diagnostic or therapeutic imaging appointments and radiation treatment follow-ups.
• If patient misses an appointment a prompt follow-up to re-schedule the appointment is required.
• Follow-up and retrieve results of completed test/procedures, scan results into EMR, document appointment schedules in the patient record.
• Ensure proper referral paperwork is faxed and set schedule for follow-up with patient appointments.
• Confirm patient has a recent release of information form in their EMR prior to releasing information.
• Send patient medical information and physician notes to referred facilities or external providers.
• Retrieve patient medical records from outside medical professionals in a timely manner.
• Effectively and in a timely manner communicate challenges with upper management.
• Assist with the efficient operation of workflow within the department by performing other duties as assigned by the Director of Clinical Operations or Lead Clinical Support Services.
• Possess the ability to prioritize multiple tasks with a sense of urgency. • Must be a team player and able to work with others in demonstrating professionalism.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work well within a team.
• Demonstrate the ability to be pro-active, have great attention to detail, and high-quality results oriented with the ability to meet deadlines.
• Must have 1 to 2 years customer service and clerical experience in a medical facility.
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Suite. EMR experience is highly preferred.
• Work schedule Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination & booster or medical/religious exemption approval is required.
How To Apply:
To apply for employment with the Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute, send your completed HUPTI application form and current resume to: HR@HamptonProton.org.
LIVE Your Life. Let US Fight Your Cancer.