Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute (HUPTI) is seeking a Data Specialist to query reports from a wide range of data statistics to include patient metrics, radiation monitoring, medical research initiatives, including clinical and pharmacological trials in an array of multiple software programs.
HUPTI is the nation’s 8th proton therapy facility and the largest free-standing proton clinic in the world. The ultramodern treatment and research center has four gantry rooms and one fixed beam room. HUPTI has been treating prostate, brain, lung, pediatric, head and neck, breast, CNS and other cancers since August 2010. HUPTI uses IBA’s Proteus 235 proton therapy delivery system, Veri Suite for IGRT, MOSAIQ Oncology Information System (Elektra), Eclipse Proton Treatment Planning system (Varian) and a 4D-PET/CT for simulations (Philips), and a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MR Ingenia 3T) by Philips.
Our Proteus 235 system is equipped with IBA’s universal nozzles. We are using Uniform Scanning, Double Scattering, and Pencil Beam Scanning treatment delivery techniques in our treatment rooms.
The Data Specialist ensures that data is gathered and reported in a concise, accurate, and secure manner. The key tasks of the Data Specialist are to produce meaningful statistical reports for the facility. Handles proprietary patient information on medical research records, as well as ensure EMR data retrieval and validity. The Data Specialist manages the data in the Proton Collaborative Group (PCG) clinical research program and confirms patient eligibility. The Data Specialist reports to the IT Administrator.
- Perform internal data audits for respective departments related to data integrity and quality.
- Design, create, and update data infrastructure to hasten data analysis and reporting processes.
- Create presentations, articles, graphs, and tables for accuracy and quality.
- Establish operational standards for managing and preserving data.
- Evaluate system performance and provide recommendations for hardware, software, and data storage enhancements to assure data and information is secure.
- Monitor the usage of data systems that have an influence on analytical reports.
- Responsible for following up with patients on research studies through their treatment process.
- Ensure that Institutional Review Board (IRB) clearances are renewed on a yearly basis.
- Work collaboratively with clinicians to ensure research data is correct and completed promptly.
- Assist with the efficient operation of workflow within the IT department by performing other duties as assigned by the IT Administrator.
- Must be able to input relevant patient information into a multitude of formats and queries.
- Excellent math, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Outstanding customer service abilities.
- Exceptional organizational abilities as well as a keen eye for detail.
- Maintain a prominent level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, high-quality results oriented, and deadline driven.
- Successfully handles issues with emotional intelligence to achieve conflict resolution.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associate degree in computer science, computer engineering, or closely related subject is preferred.
- Must have intermediate to expert Excel experience. Possess a strong understanding of SQL.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in data administration or analysis.
- Healthcare environment and/or MOSAIQ experience is a plus.
- Be able to physically lift, pull, push, and move up to 25 pounds.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination & booster or an approved medical/religious exemption is required.
How To Apply:
To apply for employment with the Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute, send your completed HUPTI application form and current resume to: HR@HamptonProton.org.