Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute (HUPTI) is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide support to the Leadership team.
HUPTI is the nation’s 8th proton therapy facility and the largest free-standing proton clinic in the world. The ultramodern treatment and research center has four gantry rooms and one fixed beam room. HUPTI has been treating prostate, brain, lung, pediatric, head and neck, breast, CNS and other cancers since August 2010. HUPTI uses IBA’s Proteus 235 proton therapy delivery system, Veri Suite for IGRT, MOSAIQ Oncology Information System (Elektra), Eclipse Proton Treatment Planning system (Varian) and a 4D-PET/CT for simulations (Philips), and a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MR Ingenia 3T) by Philips.
Our Proteus 235 system is equipped with IBA’s universal nozzles. We are using Uniform Scanning, Double Scattering, and Pencil Beam Scanning treatment delivery techniques in our treatment rooms.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Executive Director and indirectly reports to the Human Resources Manager. The Administrative Assistant handles routine duties for executive professionals and serves as an initial point of contact for employees or visitor inquiries or requests. Collaborate with other departments in event planning and interact with other people from a wide variety of levels.
- Maintains Executive Director and Leadership Team schedule by maintaining calendar notifications, arranging meetings, and travel.
- Composes and edits correspondences, agendas, reports, meeting minutes, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Answer phones and greet visitors/employees at the Front Desk & Executive Desk.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining office supplies for the administrative office.
- Collect and distribute mail, prepare, and mail packages for other departments and physicians.
- Create and maintain filling systems, both electronic and physical.
- Maintains employee and patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Assist with the recruitment process, update the organizational chart, new hire onboarding paperwork, termination, training, and personnel files.
- Process data entry to the HRIS for AAP reporting, benefits administration, employee timesheets, and payroll entries for employee.
- Assist the HR Manager with completing Verification of Employment (VOE), unemployment claims, Worker’s Compensation claims, and Family and Medical Leave Act requests.
- Assist with updating the HUPTI Careers/HR website, create employee newsletters, and assist with organizing operating procedures/policies.
- Assure the efficient operation of workflow within the Executive Leadership Team by performing other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Human Resources Manager
- Must always uphold a prominent level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Suite, Teams, OneDrive)
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Be proficient in spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and writing.
- Outstanding customer service abilities with a sense of urgency.
- Exceptional organizational abilities as well as a keen eye for detail.
- Strong attention to detail, high-quality results oriented, and deadline driven.
- Successfully handles issues with emotional intelligence to achieve conflict resolution.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associate degree in business administration or closely related subject is highly preferred.
- Have at least 1 year experience in a medical healthcare facility/clinical environment.
- Be able to physically lift, pull, push, and move up to 25 pounds. Sit for long periods of time.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination & booster or an approved medical/religious exemption is required.